Thursday, February 1, 2018

Beautiful & Loved...

Hi friends,

God has blessed me with a husband who loves to tell me that I'm beautiful. Now, that sounds very sweet (and it is!), but when you struggle to believe that because of lies spoken over you as a teenager, it's a real challenge to accept the word 'beautiful' as a label for yourself. I sometimes wonder whether the woman in the Song of Solomon felt the same way when her beloved was lavishing compliments on her, speaking of her beauty in great detail. When I was looking at the Hello, My Name Is stamp set, I knew I needed to journal using the word beautiful, because I need to record this in my bible as a label for myself - even though I struggle to believe it on many days.


I wanted to play with the 'no line watercolour' effect, so I stamped the gorgeous flowers from Whimsy Bouquet with a light ink, and the text stamps in black ink.


I then added colour with some Inktense pencils and blended the colour our using an aquabrush. This is a fun technique to play with! This is the page I ended up with...


This is a wonderful reminder to myself (and hopefully to you!) that we have been called beautiful by our Heavenly Father, and that we are loved beyond measure. Can I encourage you to choose a new label for yourself based on what God says about you in His Word, and journal that in your Bible as a reminder for yourself?

x Amy x

2 comments:

  1. Both your artwork and your BEAUTIFUL words serve as inspiration and encouragement. Love the no-line look and bold, bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy I love your post! We are called beautiful by the One whose opinion matters most!! Your flowers are gorgeous. I love using Inktense pencils as well.

    ReplyDelete