Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Wise Men Still Seek Him!

Matthew 2:7:12
7Then Herod called the Magi secretly and found out from them the exact time the star had appeared. 8He sent them to Bethlehem and said, “Go and make a careful search for the child. As soon as you have found him, report to me, so that I too may go and worship him.”
9After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen in the east went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. 10When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. 11On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped Him. Then they opened their treasures and presented Him with gifts of gold and of incense and of myrrh.

These Magi, knowing of the prophecy of the Messiah, followed the star. They found him, worshiped him (as one would God), and gifted him treasures (fit for a King). These very wise, important men knew how special this baby was! How could someone like you or I fail to do so?


This time of year is often very stressful and hectic. We are trying to get the perfect gifts for those on our list and often we forget that this is His birthday, His day to be celebrated. So this year, when you are out shopping and fighting the crowds, take a breath and remember what the season is about the remember that no matter what you choose, the greatest gift was already given with the birth of Jesus and to this day... "Wise Men Still Seek Him!"


After I created a clean and simple Christmas card using the We Three Kings Clear Stamp Set, my friend insisted she wanted it for her Bible.



I tried a couple of things and finally got the formula right. I used vellum and distress inks for the background and archival ink for the silhouette and created an insert for my Bible.


The thing I love about this vellum page and silhouette stamp is that the beauty is on both sides of the page.



I hope you have been inspired and I wish you a very Merry and Blessed Christmas!


Thanks for stopping by,

Lyn


2 comments:

  1. Love the vellum and the colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speechless! That much color on VELLUM...this is a new medium for me in Bible journaling. Will have to give that a try. What kind of vellum do you use?

    ReplyDelete