Saturday, December 16, 2017

They rejoiced with great excitement

When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy. (Matthew 2:10)

I love the star in the stamp set 'Peace on Earth' so I had to use it for this page. At first I wanted to draw a silhouette of the stable with the star above it but then I thought... Why not use the stamp of baby Jesus instead. 

I wanted to make an intense sky so I used pastels to create the background. I started with the yellow color and added some red, purple and blue colors around it. I used a little bit of black on the edges of my paper. I added a couple of layers to get a more intense color. The images are colored with colored pencils so I could get into all the details. 
http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/peace-on-earth-clear-stamp-set/
I used the stamp set Peace on Earth for the images and hand lettered the message.
 

1 comment:

  1. Beyond stunning...your blend of colors is magnificent. Love it!

    ReplyDelete