Saturday, December 2, 2017

Emmanuel

Hello everyone! Today I want to show you a page from my art journal. It's a little bit different than bible journaling but I still like the freedom watercolor paper gives me, especially compared to the papers in my bible. Next to my bible journal I have a 'regular' journal with watercolor paper that I use a lot.
For this page I made a frame with the Christmas Botanicals stamps. I started with the two flowers that are 'on top' of the frame. I masked the rectangular area with a couple of post-it's after I stamped these flowers. I stamped the other flowers around the rectangle to make a border with flowers. When the entire border was covered with leaves and flowers I removed the post-it's and drew a border around the rectangle with a black fineliner.

After I finished the border I could start coloring the flowers. I used watercolor brush markers and a water brush to color everything. I limited my colors to red, green and a tiny bit of yellow. I wanted to add a message to the center of the rectangle and keep the 'Christmas feeling'. To keep this feeling I chose a gold watercolor and I lettered everything with a dip pen.
http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/christmas-botanicals-clear-stamp-set/
- Lucinde

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely LOVE your page, Lucinde! What a gorgeous display of the flowers and creative way to create the frame with masking. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete