Saturday, July 8, 2017

Thought Pollination...

Hi friends,

I've been going through a tough season recently that has included a lot of negative thoughts and emotions swirling around in my head and heart. During this season I felt God prompt me (frequently!) to meditate on Philippians 4:8 so I decided to journal this slowly and deliberately, building up a checklist of the things I need to be thinking about. Using alphabet stamps really helps memorisation as each word builds up slowly and gives you time to ponder!


I was using the fab new Sweet as Honey stamps on this page and I began to think how bees fly from flower to flower, pollinating as they go, then creating honey as a result. The type of flower they pollinate affects the taste of the honey they produce. This got me thinking about how our thoughts fly around from one thing to the other, and the resulting sweetness of our life is dependant on what we meditate on.


As I have begun to apply this encouragement in Scripture, I have found anxiety lifting and peace settling in my heart. I certainly haven't mastered these thought processes - I have a feeling it's going to take a lot of practice over time! But I am very grateful for the Holy Spirit, who gently reminds me of what my thought-life should be occupied with.


I stamped the bees from Sweet as Honey on vellum and coloured the bodies with a Faber Castell gold marker. The background was created with acrylic paint and a baby wipe to apply and blend. I then stamped the honeycomb stamp over the top using Versafine Toffee ink. A few alphabet stickers finished off the verse once I had finished the alphabet stamping.

Here are the stamps I used:
http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/fantastic-flowers-clear-stamp-set/http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/sweet-as-honey-clear-stamp-set/http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-mini-grunge-type-alpha-clear-stamp-set/

I hope you have been encouraged to think about what you think about today!

Be blessed!

x Amy x



No comments:

Post a Comment