Monday, April 24, 2017

Help me grow

 
 If I'm honest I don't have a lot of words to say today. A friend of us passed away this weekend and I feel a bit 'empty'. Luckily we are assured that he is saved by the blood of Jesus and that he was a man of the word of God. And today I want to let the bible speak about this message. I want to be a woman of the Word, I want to grow in the way that God wants me to grow. I want to be a seed that He can use. 
So I want to ask Him if he will help me to grow, according to His words...

I want to share a story from Matthew 13: 
That same day Jesus left the house and went out beside Lake Galilee, where he sat down to teach. Such large crowds gathered around him that he had to sit in a boat, while the people stood on the shore. Then he taught them many things by using stories. He said: A farmer went out to scatter seed in a field. While the farmer was scattering the seed, some of it fell along the road and was eaten by birds. Other seeds fell on thin, rocky ground and quickly started growing because the soil wasn't very deep. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched and dried up, because they did not have enough roots. Some other seeds fell where thornbushes grew up and choked the plants. But a few seeds did fall on good ground where the plants produced a hundred or sixty or thirty times as much as was scattered. If you have ears, pay attention!

I want to listen to the voice of God and take root and grow and be productive.

I made a couple of pictures while I was working on this page. I used the stamp set 'Living Word'. Before I started my page I layed down the stamps I was going to use to see if everything fitted the page. After that I stamped them with black ink and made a background with distress inks. I colored the images with colored pencils and that's all!
http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-living-word-clear-stamp-set/
- Lucinde

No comments:

Post a Comment