Monday, January 23, 2017

Pray Big!

Then Joshua spoke to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the sons of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, “O sun, stand still at Gibeon, and O moon in the valley of Aijalon.” So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, until the nation avenged themselves of their enemies. 

Joshua 10:12-13


Hello Sweet 'n Sassy Friends!

Our God is a God of miracles... a God of impossibilities. Joshua not only believed that, but he ACTED upon that. And, this wasn't the first time he acted upon his faith. Time and time again, we see Joshua faithfully following God wherever He led. On this particular day, Joshua was in a battle with the Amorites on behalf of the Gibeonites. In Joshua 10:8, God told Joshua that He would deliver the Amorites into Joshua's hands. Daylight was running out, so Joshua prayed big! And God answered BIG. "And the sun stopped in the middle of the sky and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day. There was no day like that before it or after it, when the Lord listened to the voice of a man; for the Lord fought for Israel." Joshua 13-14. Pretty cool, right??!!

We have that same God. If you're like me, sometimes God goes in a box. A human sized box. I want to pray like Joshua... out of the box... big and expectantly. Don't you too?

For the page, I used 3 Sweet 'n Sassy sets: Seek HimShake It Off Lowercase Alpha, and Lynzee Script Alpha. I love all these sets, and use them over and over in my Bible journaling. I drew the sun and used watercolors to color it in. I also used a Micron pen to hand letter "stand" and a Faber-Castell big brush pen to color in "pray". I hand letter some, but I love being able to use alpha sets because I'm still learning hand lettering. Using the alpha sets makes lettering quick, easy, and pretty!

  

I hope you will pray big! Blessings, Andrea





1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your wonderful post and the beautiful page, Andrea! Love your hand drawn sun!

    ReplyDelete