Thursday, December 15, 2016

Come & Adore Him

Hello Sweet 'n Sassy Friends!
 My page today isn't based on just one verse, but on a passage in Luke 2. Luke 2:22-38 tells us of the time when Jesus was presented at the temple as a baby. Joseph and Mary were following the Law of Moses and making the sacrifice needed for the firstborn son. That day, they encountered two people, Simeon and Anna, who knew who their Son, the Messiah, was. Simeon took Jesus into his arms and prophesied over Him. Anna was a prophet and never left the temple. When she saw Jesus, she approached them and gave thanks to God and "spoke about the Child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem." (Luke 2:38) Imagine all the people in the temple that day. Imagine all the people who passed by Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus that day and didn't even notice them. Imagine all the people who didn't realize that their Messiah was RIGHT THERE. Only two people (TWO!!) out of all the people at the temple that day recognized Jesus for who He was. The rest of the people were busy doing what they needed to do, checking off things on their to-do lists. They missed it. They missed HIM. This is a lesson for me. I don't want to miss it. I don't want to miss Him! I don't want to be one of the people who doesn't recognize my Messiah. He's right here, always present! Lord, please don't let me get so busy and distracted that I miss YOU. I pray that for you as well, sweet friends. Come and adore Him each and every day!!

For the page, I painted the background with acrylic paints. I used the following Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sets: All Your Heart and Furry Friends. I colored/highlighted the words with a Sharpie White Extra Fine Paint Pen.

And why the mouse? Because he's just cute!

Wishing you Christmas blessings and that you can rest in our Savior's presence now and in the new year. Merry Christmas! Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment