Thursday, November 24, 2016

Give Thanks to Him

Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him, bless His name. Psalm 100:4

Happy Thanksgiving, Friends! I hope today finds you full of love, joy, and thanksgiving to our great God. I love Thanksgiving, but we don't need an official day to give thanks! We can do this on our own each and every day. In addition to Psalm 100:4, many verses tell us to do exactly that! Here are a few:


Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Colossians 3:17
In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 
1 Thessalonians 5:18
Oh give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name. 1 Chronicles 16:8


It can be hard to be thankful during difficult times or in circumstances we don't understand. It can be hard to be grateful when we don't see God in a situation. But, rest assured, even if we don't see Him, He is there. I have told my kids many times, "Be thankful for what you have, not unhappy about what you don't." I have to remind myself of that as well! Sometimes the complaints get a hold of me. That's when the "Note to self" comes into play. It's hard to complain when I am full of gratitude. So that is my goal each day- to be thankful and to bless His name! The following is a prayer I found a few years ago. I don't know the original author, but it says what I feel.

Thank You, God, for giving me another year of life. Thank You for all the experiences of this past year; for times of success which will always be happy memories, for times of failure which reminded me of my own weakness and of my need for You, for times of joy when the sun was shining, for times of sadness which drove me to You.

For this page, I used the following sets: All Your HeartJust Be, Chunky Alpha, and Note This

  

May you have a blessed Thanksgiving and be grateful for all you have! Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment