Monday, September 19, 2016

Awaken Me



"Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you."
Ephesians 5:14


I will tell you that I am not a morning person. I hit the snooze button about five times (not exaggerating) and by the time I roll out of bed I'm still half asleep putting in my contacts. Terrible, I know. The first five minutes of my morning routine can be done half asleep because its exactly that, a routine. I'm used to it and I know how to go through the motions without much thought. 

Sometimes life works like this too. We can get so caught up in our routines that we don't take time to notice everything around us. We are not fully awake to the coworker struggling with heartache and in desperate need of encouragement. We pass by the mom in the grocery store who needs a smile because everyone else is giving her dirty looks because her child is screaming. As a teacher, I overlook the student who can't stay awake in class because they went to bed with a hungry stomach. 


Jesus, awaken me to these things. Awaken me to the world around me and your people in desperate need of your love. Awaken me to my sin and help me overcome it. Awaken me and let your light shine down and through me for the world to see. 

Awaken my soul, come awake
to hunger, to seek, to thirst
Awaken first love, come awake
and do as You did at first

Spirit of the living God come fall afresh on me
come awake me from my sleep
Blow through the caverns of my soul
Pour in me to overflow

"Fall Afresh" -Bethel 



Happy Monday, friends. Let us be awakened to the world around us. 

Lynzee



For this bible page I used the "Fill Me Up" stamp set.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page and wonderful thoughts. Thank you for the reminder. I am not a morning person either. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful (and timely for me) blog post. LOVE your design and the wonderful reminder to be awake and attuned to those He puts in our path.

    ReplyDelete