Thursday, August 4, 2016

The Lord is My Portion




My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 73:26 (ESV)


I am in a season of wait. Actually, most of us could probably say that we are in seasons of wait. Life with Jesus is always an adventure and it is never dull. He doesn't fulfill one promise and then thats it. No, God is constantly working in us and through us. He has wonderful plans for us (Jeremiah 29:11) and each promise leads to another, and another, till our ultimate promise, eternity in Heaven, is fulfilled. 

I will admit to you that I am not the most patient person. Perhaps this is why my season of wait is so long, God is teaching me patience. I am learning, and God so lovingly never gives up on me, even when I want to give up on him. There are days where I question everything (I'm also an over-thinker) and I wonder if I'm really on the path God wants me on. There have been times where I have wondered, "What am I doing wrong? What do I need to fix? What is holding up this promise?" I have wondered, like the writer of Psalm 73, why there are people who do not follow God and seemingly have everything. 

Behold, these are the wicked; always at ease, they increase in riches. 
All in vain have I kept my heart clean and washed my hands in innocence. 
For all the day long I have been stricken and rebuked every morning. 
Psalm 73:12-14 (ESV)

Have you ever felt that way? The enemy will creep up and start whispering these lies. I could type out the entire Psalm, but I encourage you to go read it for yourself. Read and see what the Psalmist says and realizes. It is SO.GOOD. God alone is my portion. He fulfills every desire and need that I could ever have. 


For this bible entry, I used the "Scribble Flowers" stamps that will be released tomorrow, August 5th! So be on the lookout! I love, love, love, florals and these were perfect to use for my cascading flowers. Also, the alpha stamp is "Love Ya Like a Sister." Below is a close up of the "Scribble Flowers." 


Happy Thursday, friends! 

Lynzee :)



No comments:

Post a Comment