Saturday, August 27, 2016

Bloom Where HE Plants You!

Hello, friends! I am so excited to be on the blog today! A little about me: My name is Andrea; and I'm a wife of a great guy and a mom of 2 teen daughters. I discovered Bible journaling in February 2016 and have been so blessed through it! I'm spending more time in God's precious Word and being creative- a win, win! I discovered SNSS shortly after I began journaling. And I LOVE their stamps! I was humbled when asked to be part of this amazing team.

Let's get into the Word!

In 1 Corinthians 7, Paul is discussing aspects of life: being married or unmarried, divorce, and widowhood. In verses 20 and 24, Paul says very similar things and the gist is this: God calls us to certain conditions in life and we should "bloom" in whatever condition He has placed us in. Hmmm...that can be hard, can't it??!! Sometimes our place in life might not be where WE want to be. But GOD always has a reason for where He puts us. And since He is trustworthy, we can trust Him through those times. He is with us in every situation and He causes all things to work together for good to those who love Him and are called to His purpose (Romans 8:28).

For the page, I had great fun using Scribble Flowers and the Scribble Flowers Dies! I stamped the images on card stock, then cut them out with the dies. The dies are so easy to use and can work with your favorite type of die cutting machine! I colored the images with chalk pastels. I wanted to be able to read the words beneath the flowers, so I attached them to a strip of transparency, then attached it to the page with washi tape. That way, I can just flip back the flowers when I want to read the text! If you have any questions about this technique, please comment and I'll try to get your questions answered!
For the wording on the page, I also used the following sets: Classy Script AlphaCommon Words 1, and Awesome Thoughts

1 Corinthians 7:24 "So, brothers, in whatever condition each was called, there let him remain with God. (ESV)

Happy Blooming! Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment