Saturday, July 2, 2016

Red, White, Blue and Freedom

Happy long weekend, friends! I'm sharing some patriotic inspiration today, just in time for the fourth of July holiday. I love creating Bible pages that are relevant to current events and that includes vacations, birthdays, and holidays. The fourth of July makes me think about freedom, both freedoms I have as an American citizen and freedoms that afforded to me as a Jesus follower. Here are some great Scriptures to consider journaling this weekend:

Galatians 5:1  “For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to the yoke of slavery.”
2 Corinthians 3:17 “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”
Galatians 2:4 “…our freedom that we have in Christ Jesus…”
John 8:36 “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.”
Romans 8:2 “For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.”


Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/21-great-bible-verses-about-freedom/#ixzz4DC9s7ABL


I designed these two pages at two separate times, but used color to unify them! I actually started on the right side first, dwelling on what HE can do through ME.
I (attempted) to draw Rosie the Riveter and added light brown ink in the background for a vintage touch. The left sided page centered around my most recent Outline Alpha set. '
I stamped the words first and then handlettered around them.
Red and blue watercolor make a simple and patriotic background.

 Hope your weekend is filled with fun, friends, (thoughts of) freedom & creative worship!

XOXOXO
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment