Friday, April 15, 2016

His Name

Happy Friday- Jamie here!

What a week it has been, I finally feel like I am coming up for a bit of air.  I don't know about you but when I get stressed out or feeling overwhelmed I often forget that I have someone I can lean on.  The Faith Journey I am on is a very new journey for me and often I have to be very mindful about it.  It doesn't come naturally to me- I wasn't raised in a Christian home, I wasn't raised reading the bible or hearing and learning scripture.  I didn't grow up singing worship music, knowing hymns and having the ability to quote verses from the Bible.  So everything I am doing now, as an adult, is all very new to me.   The comfort level I have between the Lord and myself isn't where I ultimately want it to be.  I often question it and wonder where my place is within this life.  I know this is for now, not forever.  So this journey of faith I am on is a learning process and one I am embracing with a full heart.

Because this week was a struggle, I started in on my typical self destructive spiral of feeling down and doing a little bit of wallowing in self-pity.  I even canceled a Bible Journaling "date" with a friend of mine from Bible study.  How could I not be up for Bible Journaling?  And then I sat down that day, alone, with my bible and really started thinking about my post for this week.  The stamp set I wanted to use is called "His Name" (it should be released next week by SNSS) as I read different verses about all the names we call God, I asked myself "how did I not know all of these names for our Lord"?  That got me thinking about a couple verses I read that mentioned that He knows us each by name/ He has called us each by name.  Shouldn't we be calling Him by name?



During difficult times, and I know we've all experienced this, often God is silent.  We need to remember that even in His silence and even when we are having doubts or questioning- our God is a magnificent God and we can always lean on him.  I find, I tend to focus on what I need from Him, rather than what I am already receiving.  I need to remember that we have to have faith that he knows what is best for us.  I feel like I need to acknowledge Him the way he acknowledges us.  Shouldn't I be calling Him by name and assuring Him that he is mine just as much as I am His?

I wound up calling my friend, whom I cancelled on, and told her what I had come to accept and acknowledge.  I asked for her opinion on this post and she was in tears happy for me.  She said that God works in His time and maybe today was the day that I needed to be with the Lord alone.  Can I tell you how thankful I am for a friend like that?  One day I will, I promise :)

The verse I chose to journal this week is:
Isaiah 43:7 "everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made"


To create this page I used the following:
"His Name" stamp set by Sweet' n Sassy Stamps - Will be released by the end of next week.
*I made the confetti tape with double sided tape dipped in confetti and stickers on my page tab w/ ribbon.



I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!  Please take the time to make a special acknowledgement to our Lord Jesus Christ, our Savior, our Creator, the Messiah, Father and King of Kings- call Him by name :)

Much love and blessings,
Jamie McNamara



No comments:

Post a Comment