Saturday, January 20, 2018

I am Loved

‘so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.’ (Eph. 3:17-19)

I’m loved beyond measure. It’s still something that I struggle with. I know it’s true but for some reason this knowledge takes a long time to settle down in my heart. There are a lot of days that I don’t feel worthy of Gods love, but I may know that not my actions determine the love of God but that He loves me no matter what. That He will always welcome me into His loving arms, just like the prodigal son. This stamp set helped me to get back on the journey to find Gods love in the bible.


I prepared my bible page with clear gesso (the pages in my Dutch bible are very thin). The other side of the page left some bleeding on this page so I had to find a way to cover that up. I used my acrylic paints to make a background. I would be able to cover most of the bleeding with the paint (or incorporate it into this page) but I decided to add a piece of paper on the left side of my margin. Just to be sure that nothing would show through. I stamped the tag and some words onto white paper and cut them out. The name tag and everything on it is from the set ‘Hello My Name Is’, the words Amen and the heart are from ‘Note This'. I missed something in the background of my page so I decided to stamp a couple of leaves from the ‘Whimsy Bouquet’ stamp set with black ink. When my background was finished I adhered the stamped pieces into my bible and that’s it.

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-note-this-clear-stamp-set/ http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-whimsy-bouquet-clear-stamp-set/ http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-hello-my-name-is-clear-stamp-set/

Have a blessed day!

- Lucinde

No comments:

Post a Comment