Saturday, July 29, 2017

Gracious Words are Sweet!

“Gracious words are like a honeycomb. Sweetness to the soul and health to the body.” Proverbs 16:24
When I read this, it makes me think about how someone reacts when I smile and/or give them an encouraging or kind word. They visibly brighten and stand taller. It really takes so little to offer this kindness and the outcome is so much more.
As I go through the day to day motions, I often look down at my computer, or a report, or any number of things, and while I trudge on without looking up and smiling or speaking to those around me, I realize that it is just as much a loss for me as it is for them because, while they may smile and stand taller from my kind words, I believe I have the same reaction simply by knowing I caused it in another.
This was such a fun page to do and I definitely felt God’s reminder in the message...
Supplies:
  • Ink: I brushed Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade and Vintage Photo Distress ink onto the page then added the same colors to my craft mat where I spritzed them with water so I could pick up with my brush and flick some droplets onto the page. I inked the honeycomb and verse in Versafine toffee ink and the bee in Versafine Onyx black (on watercolor paper then I embossed with clear). I used metallic white watercolor on the wings and fossilized amber on the body. After it dried, I fussy cut the bee out and glued it in place with Yes! glue – this really works well without pucker the page to much on the back side…
Thanks for stopping by – Remember to offer a kind word to someone today!
Lyn

1 comment:

  1. So very sweet...Love this set and it has amazing versatility for Bible Journaling. Love, love, love the splatters. Lovely page, Lyn.

    ReplyDelete