Saturday, June 17, 2017

Have Courage & Be Kind ♥

Hello lovelies!! 
Sharing with you a page I created inspired by one of our favorite Disney princesses... Cinderella! 

If you look at 1 Peter 3:3-5 it tells us:
Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God. This is how the holy women of old made themselves beautiful. 

When I think about Cinderella and her beauty that radiated beyond the rags and dirt, I think of her gentleness and kind spirit that charmed even the animals. Just as quickly as a pretty outfit, makeup, and heels can fade away, did Cinderellas coach turn into a pumpkin. Outward beauty is temporary, but being able to glow from within with the beauty of a kind spirit, shining for Him, is the secret to a beauty that can withstand age. In the movie, before Cinderella loses her mother, she gave her some advice... 
to have courage & be kind. I know this is pretty simple and short but what differences could you make or impacts could you have if applied this two principles to your daily life?

So let me tell you how I created this page. I watched a video from Lindsey Decor on Youtube, and I took the cotton swab technique she showed and use it to fill in my silhouette. First I found the image I wanted to use and traced it onto my page, then applied masking fluid around it so I would have a nice crisp outline. 

Using my Keurtake Watercolors I picked out my colors I wanted to use and gathered 2 bundles of swabs just like Lindsey showed in her video, and started applying layers, drying in between with my heat tool. 

I added some splatters and once those were all dry I began to remove the masking fluid with an eraser.


After the masking fluid was removed I watercolored around my verse and added a few more splatters, and then grabbed my stamp sets I wanted to use to stamp out "have courage, be kind"


I used the following stamp sets:
I stamped them all with Ranger Archival Ink since it is permanent and waterproof. 
To finish it off I added the date with my Mega Date Stamp, and added some washi and a cute bow tabbie to mark my page!


So that's it for today! Hope y'all enjoyed my page and are maybe even inspired to create your own cotton swab art!😉
Make sure to hashtag us #sweetnsassystamps on FB and IG so we can see how you 've been inspired & inspire us! Be sure to check out the Creative Worship facebook group as well! 

Until next time!
xo
Maria

2 comments:

  1. Fascinating technique and gorgeous page. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thoughts and page, Maria! Thanks you so much for sharing this technique...I know I am inspired to try this!

    ReplyDelete