Monday, June 5, 2017

Abba, Father

Because you are His sons, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.” So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are His child, God has made you also an heir. Galatians 4:6-7

It's pretty special to be God's child. He is the ultimate "Abba" or Father. We become His children when we accept Christ as our Savior. John 1:12 tells us, "Yet to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God." And if we are a child of God, then we are heirs. We have an inheritance. Jesus is the natural Heir. We get to be co-heirs in Him. What does that mean? All that belongs to Jesus will belong to us. How cool is that?! Take a minute and thank Jesus for what He has done for us. Because without His sacrifice, we would have nothing but condemnation. But through Him, we do indeed have the best Father and inheritance EVER!

Sweet n Sassy Stamps just released 2 of the sets I used for this page: Fantastic Flowers and Mini Grunge Type Alpha. I love, love, love this big, beautiful flower!! And it's not the only flower in the set. They're all gorgeous! And I love my alpha sets too. They are a go-to for me. I love the mini size of the new set. And the other set, Outline Alpha, is an old favorite of mine. (The website is having a sale too if you need to stock up on some sets!) 

I painted the background with acrylic paint. You may notice that part of "Abba" is white. That's because I didn't allow the paint to dry long enough and the StazOn ink pulled it up when I stamped the letters. Sometimes, ya just have to go with it! 
I stamped the flower on vellum and colored the underside with marker. That way I can fold the flower back to see the Scripture underneath.

Here's one other page I did with Fantastic Flowers and Mini Grunge. I also used Skinny Caps Alpha. These sets are so versatile! 

Have a blessed day, Friends! Andrea






No comments:

Post a Comment