Thursday, May 11, 2017

Let Faith Arise


"Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." 
Hebrews 12:2

Friends, if you have not heard the song "God of Miracles" by Chris McClarney, do. Especially if you are in a place where you feel your faith is lacking. I'm so thankful that Jesus' grace is enough and his power is made perfect in our weaknesses (2 Corinthians 12:9). He is alive and he is the author and perfecter of our faith. I don't know where your faith may be struggling, but know that Jesus will meet you where you are and lift you up to him. 

I'm not one to YouTube or Periscope my bible journaling process for a few reasons. 1. Thats my time to listen to worship music and have my Jesus time. 2. I often go into journaling not really knowing where I'm going with it. I pray, read some devotionals/scriptures, or go off a song (this happens a lot). 3. I'm not good at multitasking and would probably be extremely boring on video. Also, you'd hear some interesting singing 😜

Anywho, I do sometimes take pictures as I go along and either add them to my Instagram story or make an Instagram post where you can flip through. Today, I'm going to share them below. 😊 I hope you enjoy. 

I had my bible page already done so I made an insert to go along with it. 

Step 1: I used watercolor paper and the Faith Quote Block stamp set
"Faith laughs at that which fear weeps over" -C.H. Spurgeon

Step 2: I added the birdies from the Give Praise stamp set 

Step 3:I added florals from the Scribble Flowers stamp set because if you've followed me long enough you know my love of florals knows no bounds 

Step 4: I cut the page to make the insert 

Step 5: Finished cut with all the lovely stamps 

Step 6: Color time. I use a variety of watercolors but for this insert I used my Pelikan set. It's always a go-to and a fave of mine. 

Step 7: Add it to your Bible 


Stamps used:

Faith Quote Blocks
http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/faith-quote-blocks-clear-stamp-set/

Give Praise 
http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-give-praise-clear-stamp-set/

Scribble Flower
http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/scribble-flowers-clear-stamp-set/



No comments:

Post a Comment