Monday, March 20, 2017

The Good News

 Good Morning Everyone! Have you ever wanted to try something but hesitated because you didn't know where to start? Well, that has been where I have been at for well over a year. I kept seeing all of this gorgeous artwork in people's Bibles and I wanted to try my hand at it, so I asked for the opportunity! I have several Bibles, but none of them had a nice border that I have seen, so I ordered one but it hasn't come yet. Instead for today, I decided to stamp on vellum to create something that will be movable while reading my Bible.


I started by stamping this beautiful image of Jesus in Black Memento ink on the vellum. As I view this image, it brings me peace, knowing the LORD is pouring all of His Love into me and His Word. This image is the Creative Worship: Living Word Clear Stamp Set. I then added the words Jesus saves and the sun right under the name of Jesus. These images come from the beautiful Creative Worship: The Good News Clear Stamp Set.  I just love the versatility of these sets and how the speak truth and the word of God for encouragement. The Ink would not dry, so I sprinkled some clear embossing powder over the image to heat set it.

I used Primacolor pencils to color in the image. Once the focal peice was colored, I felt like I wanted to highlight the LORD to showcase His Power and Light to a world that can so often be filled with darkness. I turned the vellum over and using a yellow colored pencil, I colored the entire back of the image yellow to create the "glow."

John 8:12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.This was such a relaxing, wonderful praise worthy experience, I ended up creating 4 pages. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by and see. Wishing you a wonderful day!






No comments:

Post a Comment