Thursday, November 17, 2016

I'm Not Home Yet....

{jane bosi}

God's Word says:

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.  You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile."  Jeremiah 29:11

So much focus has been given recently to politics--it's almost as if people have lost sight of anything else.  And, I get it.  The presidential race-it matters in this earthly realm.  It clearly matters to a great deal of people who have seemingly lost all hope in anything else.  There is devastation and divisiveness all over our great land.  When all of your hope and belief is placed into a fallible human being and it doesn't work out? What are you left with? I think we are seeing it first hand.

To be truthful, I didn't like my choices, but neither outcome could have devastated me.  You see, my hope is that which is promised in Jeremiah 29:11.  The King of Kings sits upon the throne--yesterday, today and tomorrow.  My tomorrow is secure.  He has a plan for me.  A plan to prosper me and bring me out of exile and I cannot wait!

Exile, you say?  Exile is defined as "separation from one's country or home."  Yes, indeed, I am in exile.  This is not my home.  This is not where I belong.  

You're not home either.  His plan covers your future too.  He loves you.  Seek Him; He promises to be found.  He's not exclusive or elusive, like some of this world would have you believe.  He waits for you.  No matter what it is, you belong to Him.  He will be found; He will bring you back.

Be Blessed....
Jane

I got crafty with:

 
 Find these and more at Sweet N Sassy Stamps!

1 comment:

  1. Great page - it's beautiful! I love it! And your message, this is my go-to verse for sure!! ANd that song - thank you for getting stuck in my head today! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete