Monday, November 7, 2016

His thoughts...

”For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.  “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8-9


I find this message pretty intriguing. Right before these verses Isaiah says that we have to seek the Lord while He may be found and that when we turn to the Lord, He will have mercy. And the Lord declares: for my thoughts are not your thoughts, my ways are higher than your ways. Our rational thinking isn’t the same as the way the Lord thinks. We can’t comprehend his thoughts. His ways are way higher than ours. Sometimes I would like to know the thoughts of the Lord. I can learn about them when I read in the bible, but sometimes I would like to have a specific answer. Why is this (not) happening? What does the Lord want? What is His plan? But even when I would know His thoughts… there’s a high possibility that I just couldn’t comprehend these thoughts. That I still wouldn’t understand the plans the Lord has. So it’s better to just hand over all my questions and problems to the Lord. Because He knows what He’s doing. And His thoughts, His ways, are always better than mine.

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-awesome-thoughts-clear-stamp-set/ 

For this page I used the stamp set 'Awesome Thoughts' and 'Outline Alpha'. I prepared my page with clear gesso and made a soft background with wax crayons. I stamped my images with a grey ink and colored them with colored pencils. I wrote the other words with a micron pen.

- Lucinde

No comments:

Post a Comment