Thursday, April 28, 2016

Jesus Loves Me

How is it that one negative can outweigh so many positives? Isn't that human nature? To take the small, not-worth-another-thought circumstances and turn them into something like a tsunami in our minds? Negative words of others can be devastating and lead us to thoughts of doubt and fear - and feelings of being unloved. We forget about the positives - or at least diminish their worth.

In those times (and some weeks it is more often than not), Jesus gives us a sense of hope and peace. An unshakeable connection. We can stand firm knowing that there is One who loves us no matter what - and nothing can separate us from that Love. Jesus defends us and stands with us no matter what others may say.

I think of what He went through -- He knew what others were saying about Him, even more than I do about what others say about me. He put the words in proper perspective. As the Psalmist says:
By [the help of] God I will praise His word; on God I lean, rely, and confidently put my trust; I will not fear. What can man, who is flesh, do to me?  ~ Psalm 56:4 AMP

So this week I was meditating and reading in Romans 8, and needed to bring out the most important words of all -- to make a very important positive much more prominent in my mind than all the negative things that were being said. Through many tears, and cries out to my God, this is all I needed: Jesus loves me. This I know.

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? 33 Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. ~ Romans 8:31-34 ESV

Jesus loves you too.



Stamps used: Seek Him, Love Ya Like A Sister Alpha, His Name

No comments:

Post a Comment