Monday, March 28, 2016

We are free!

Hello everyone, Lucinde here! I want to share another bible journaling page with you today. We just celebrated Easter and I want to take a closer look at some words Jesus spoke a while before He was crucified. And this weekend, at Easter, I was reminded of these words from John 8:34-36.

“Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” (NIV)

Jesus died on the cross for us and I can’t thank Him enough for it. But there are still times I tend to try and save myself. There are days when I feel like a slave to sin and I can’t save myself. Luckily Jesus took all of my sins on Him and He was the one that saved ME. It’s so unbelievable that someone would take all the blame for everything I’ve ever done. But Jesus did. He set us free. So this page reminds me of that fact; Jesus set us free, we are no longer slaves but we became the children of the one true King!
For this page I used three stamp sets:
Note This
His Wings
Just Be
http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-his-wings-clear-stamp-set/ http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-just-be-clear-stamp-set/ http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-note-this-clear-stamp-set/
I stamped the words and images with a black waterproof ink and colored the background with watercolors. I wrote a couple of words with a black pen to complete my sentences.
Blessings,

2 comments: