Monday, March 14, 2016

Bind my wandering heart to you

Hello! I’m Lucinde, a new name on the blog :). I’m bible journaling for a year now and I really love to spend my time in the word of God and to get creative in my bible. I love to use stamps, I design stamp sets for Sweet ’n Sassy stamps but I’m stil hesitating to illustrate in my bible without stamps. For some reason I’m afraid that it won’t turn out the way I imagined it, and that’s a worry I can let go of when I use stamps. I think everyone over here is so right to say that this is a beautiful way of worship. I’m not the best singer, so I’m glad I can worship this way too. But, while I might not be recording my own songs, a lot of times worship music is my inspiration for a page.

That’s enough about me, let’s continue with my page and the word of God. My first page starts with a worship song, I told you it was one of my biggest resources of inspiration ;). Lately I’ve been listening to a lot of older hymns. The messages are so beautiful and especially ‘Come Thou fount of Every blessing’ really resonated with me. For this page I focused on the part ‘Bind my wandering heart to Thee. Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, Prone to leave the God I love; Here’s my heart, O take and seal it, Seal it for Thy courts above.’ I really want to give the Lord my praise but I feel like I’m still wandering a lot. That God deserves so much more praise than what I’m giving Him.


I journaled this in Psalm 119 (verse 9-16) where the writer tells about his love for the Lord and his commandments. I thought this passage was really matching the feelings I had when listening to the hymn.
‘With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Blessed are you, O LORD; teach me your statutes! With my lips I declare all the rules of your mouth. In the way of your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches. I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word.’


I prepared my page with matte medium (the bible I’m using has very thin pages, thinner than most English journaling bibles. You can see in the close up that it does add some texture to the page but I don’t really mind. When I’m not using it the stamps will be three times darker on the back of my pages than on the front side haha) and I stamped my images and messages with black ink. I colored the images with colored pencils and made the background with distress inks. I journaled some of my thoughts on the right side of the page (it tells about the writer, how he loves the commandments of the Lord and that he doesn’t look at them as something that’s holding him back in life but that he sees them as rules to make his life better).



I used the Songs of Praise stamp set for all the words, the bird and the feathers. The banner underneath the bird is from the Decorative Banner stamp set.

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-decorative-banner-clear-stamp-set/  http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-songs-of-praise-clear-stamp-set/


p.s. I use a Dutch journaling bible, so if you see some ‘weird margins’ or another language, it’s because of that.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet page. I love it. Love the ombre background and color choices. Regal but soft. Makes me really, really want the Songs of Praise set. Have the Decorative Banner one and love it. Very inspirational...thank you for your post!

    ReplyDelete